60 of each Color (2 land, 2 Walkers, and 1 charm per color)
80 Multicolor (8 per pair, 4 lands/man fixers each, 1 Walker)
15 Utility Lands
5 Wedge/5color/unique cards (Who/What/Where/When/Why for instance)
10 : Sol Ring, Recall, Time Walk, Black lotus, and Moxen
6-9: The power level I am looking for (aka. very very very high)
??? as alternate resource) Cannot Block, direct damage, artifact destruction, land destruction
- Keyword mechanics: Provoke, Flanking, Frenzy, Clash
- Evergreen: Trample, Haste, First Strike, Double Strike
- Access to "Destroy target artifact" and PW hate(through damage).
Green: (Agro, midrange)
Land as alternate resource , mana acceleration, manlands, land search, pump, big creatures, minor token theme
- Keyword Mechanics: Retrace, Convoke, Undying, Kicker
- Evergreen: trample, hexproof, reach, flash
- Access to "Destroy target non-creature permanent" and "destroy target creature with flying" etc.
Hand as alternate resource , counters, creature steal, redirection, bounce, tapping, card draw, untapping, artifact manipulation.
- Keyword Mechanics: Cycling, Scry, Storm, Fateseal
- Evergreen: Shroud, Flying, Flash, Unblockable
- Access to "Bounce target permanent" and "gain control" affects for artifacts and creatures.
White: (Hybrid Agro/Control)
Permanents as alternate resource , Damage prevention, mass removal, graveyard hate, life gain, tokens, permanent focus, artifact and enchantment hate
- Keyword Mechanics: Cascade, Absorb, Channel, Exalted
- Evergreen: Flying, First Strike, Vigilance, Exile
- Access to "Destroy target artifact or Enchantment" and Exile permanents
Black: (Hybrid Agro/Control)
life as alternate resource , Graveyard based, removal, tutors, creature kill, card draw, drain life effects, discard.
- Keyword Mechanics: Flashback, Unearth, Wither, Gravestorm
- Evergreen: Lifelink, Deathtouch, Flying, Intimidate
- Access to "Destroy target creature" and "Sacrifice a creature"
- Only real Keyword mechanics
- Try not to make exact functional reprints if you can help it. Colorshifted to the proper color is ok.
- No double faced cards or Flip cards, however Split cards are great!
- Make the cards limited/constructed playable
- create inter-color synergy
- once we have color identity figured out, try to stay somewhat in that mold.